Nha Trang is a perfect beach destination for anyone who wants to escape the busy city life in Ho Chi Minh. Located 450km north from Ho Chi Minh, my friend and I, flew VietJet Air for USD 70 (2-way) as we were on a time crunch. For cheaper means of getting to Nha Trang from HCM, you may consider bus (12-hour journey) or train (8-hour journey).
Flight gets you direct to Cam Ranh International Airport, which is 45 min – 1 hour taxi ride to Nha Trang town. The journey costs VND 350 000 (USD 17). DO NOT TAKE METERED TAXI! They are much, much higher priced – nearly double! There is a mini-bus option from the airport, which I reckon, brings you closer to Nha Trang town. As we arrived late at night at the airport, we decided to just take a taxi straight to our hotel. We spent 2 nights in Nha Trang – 1st night at Michelia Hotel and 2nd night at Sheraton. Highly recommend Sheraton, despite the slightly steep price, for the pool and awesome breakfast buffet spread.
Things to do:
1. Grab a beach chair and soak up in the sun. For drinks, I recommend the Sailing Club.
2. Water activities – Scuba diving, snorkelling, sailing etc.
3. Thap Ba Hot Springs – the mud claims to have some sort of healing powers.
4. Four island boat trip
5. National Oceanographic Museum
6. Vinpearl Land – amusement and water park
7. Po Nagar Cham Towers
8. Local shopping at open air Cho Dam Market
9. Waterfalls – Fairy Spring or Ba Ho Falls
10. Walking around Biet Thu Tourist District at Night
Truth to be told, I did not visit any of the attractions or do any activities listed above. I was content just doing nothing and bumming around between Sailing Club and Sheraton. On hindsight, the Four island boat trip might have been an awesome experience. You can read Alex In Wanderland and Adventurous Kate‘s adventures and decide if booze cruise is your thing 😉
All images belong to Solosingaporean unless otherwise credited for. Please give credit where it’s due.