1. Ranbir Kapoor’s acting. From an actor who starred in Wake Up Sid and Anjaana Anjaani, Ranbir’s acting in Rockstar is just mind-blowing. He seems to have grown so much and portrayed the right amount of depth to his character splendidly. Other than Amir Khan, I don’t see any other actor pulling of the character, Jordan. New-found respect for Ranbir after Rockstar.
2. The plot to be honest isn’t fantastic but the cinematography by Anil Mehta was stunning. From the beautiful set locations in Kashmir and Prague to capturing Jordan’s and Heer’s love madness, escapades and then Heer’s illness. I was truly impressed. After all, he shot Lagaan, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Veer Zaara and Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, so, I shouldn’t be that surprised right?
3. A true musical journey. I’m not going to be doing justice if I sing praises about A.R. Rahman’s Oscar winning musical talents, would I? I will just let the songs blow you away like they do to me each time I hear it. Mohit Chauhan’s voice literally is honey.
Apologies I couldn’t locate a proper video of the song! Ranbir’s boy face will do for now 😉
My top 3 songs specifically in this order.
4. Imtiaz Ali’s direction. The beautiful ending with the montage of Jordan’s and Heer’s moments together. Jordan letting the memories of Heer envelope him with the crowd cheering him on.
5. The fact Nargis Fakhri can’t act, further makes Ranbir’s acting shine so much more. Which kind of leads me back to reason #1. In a weird way, she kind of fits the sickly, dying character, Heer.